Church of St. Bernardino of Siena in Krakow
Located at the foot of the Wawel Castle, the Church of St. San Bernardino of Siena and the Bernardine monastery is the third building standing here, built ca. 1680.
Built on a Latin cross plan with a dome hidden in the temple’s roofs, it accommodates the late-Baroque altar arranged using the overlapping perspective, statue entitled “The Virgin and Child with St. Anne” by Veit Stoss, the painting entitled “Dance of death” from the 17th century. Particularly valuable are the relics of St. Simon of Lipnica, resting in the chapel at the presbytery.