St. John the Baptist’s Church and Museum in Chełm
The first parish church in Chełm was founded in the 12th century by the Order of the Holy Sepulchre from Miechów.
In the years 1738-49, the present Baroque church of the Nativity of St. John the Baptist was built. In the main altar, there is the 18th-century painting of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception, in the vestry, there are the paintings depicting the granting of privileges to the order. The historic furnishings of the temple are the side altars, epitaphs, Ecce Homo statue from the 17th/18th century, baptismal font from the 17th century. Next to the church, we may find the only Polish museum dedicated to the Order of the Holy Sepulchre.